6 Best Steps to Clean Velour Sofa Upholstery
The reason velour upholstery cleaning should be your priority is that the velvety touch and elegance of velour sofa in our living room is a dream of every person. Its luxurious look and beautiful colour makes us fall in love with it. We want it to always shine and make us feel royal. As everything in this world requires maintenance, your prestigious velour sofa also requires timely cleaning and maintenance. Cleaning velour sofa is not an easy task. You may want to approach professional cleaners, but that may increase the cost. In this article, we will look at the step by step process to clean velour upholstery.
What You Need To Clean Your Velour Sofa
- Water and bucket
- Soft brush
- Vacuum cleaner with the brush attachment
- Mild upholstery liquid soap
- Ammonia (if required)
- Muslin fabric
1. First of all, make sure that your sofa is made of velour. Understand the difference between and velour and velvet. Do check the label of your sofa to be sure and other details if mentioned on the label.
6 Steps for Velour Sofa Upholstery Cleaning
2. Start with your brush to clean the visible dirt on the sofa. Make sure the brush is soft so that the sofa is not damaged. After this, use the vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to clean the loose dirt. Make sure you reach out in the corners and suck the potentially harmful debris.
3. Fill the bucket with warm water and use mild upholstery liquid soap. Mix gently to avoid suds. Add a few drops of household ammonia for extra cleaning if required. Make sure to read the label if ammonia is prohibited.
4. Use the muslin fibre cloth and dip it in the liquid. Muslin fibre cloth is soft and delicate and doesn’t hold any water. It is the best suitable cleaning cloth for your velour upholstery.
5. Make sure that the cloth doesn’t hold any excess liquid. Excessive moisture can damage the velour fibres.
6. Rub the damped cloth over the surface of a sofa. Use back and forth motion. Rinse out and repeat until the surface is clean and new again. Allow it to dry after cleaning.
4 Some Tips For Becoming A Pro Velour Upholstery Cleaner
- Make sure you use the right soap to clean your velour sofa. Avoid coloured soaps as that may leave stains or may change the colour of your original upholstery.
- Heat is the enemy of velour. Any type of heat cleaning like steam cleaning can damage your velour upholstery. This may also cause discolouration. It is best to avoid it.
- Always use clean materials. You may stain the sofa by using greasy materials.
- If you’re not comfortable in cleaning or you’re having some doubts or confusion, it is best advisable to hire professionals. Velour is sensitive material and you definitely don't want to damage this beauty.
To get same-day, on-site upholstery cleaning services across Melbourne call Lotus Upholstery Cleaning Service on 0425 029 990.
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Sofa Cleaning
- Curtain Cleaning
- Blind Cleaning
- Curtain Repair
- Duct Cleaning
- Air Conditioning Duct cleaning
- Duct Repair
- Carpet Cleaning
- Carpet Steam Cleaning
- Carpet Dry Cleaning
- Rug Cleaning
- Carpet Repair
- Tile and Grout Cleaning
- Tile Sealing
- Tile Repair
- Water Damage Cleaning
- Water Damage Repair
- Mattress Cleaning
- Leather Cleaning
- End Of Lease Cleaning