6 Tips to Get Rid of Carpet Mould
Removing mould and mildew from surfaces like tile is trouble-free. However, removing them from your carpet is a daunting job. If you cannot locate and remove mould with effective carpet cleaning hacks, then you are inviting unhygienic house ambience and sickness. Therefore, complete mould removal from carpet is necessary.
Professional carpet cleaning Melbourne companies suggest that the main reason causes mould and mildew in the carpet is moisture. Therefore, if you remove moisture or wetness from the carpet after a round of carpet cleaning, then controlling mould would be effortless.
Here are some tips to keep your carpet dry and remove mould:
1. Dry out carpet completely after wet carpet cleaningIf you have cleaned the carpet with any of wet carpet cleaning methods, dry our carpet with these tips:
- Switch on all fans.
- Open all windows and doors to make way for airflow.
- You can also use a wet vacuum to remove excess moisture from the carpet.
Humidity and temperature are also one of the contributors to mould building in your carpet. Therefore, controlling them is necessary. Follow these tips:
2. Control humidity and temperature
- Room temperature needs to be 80 F or less. You can control the room temperature with your HVAC system.
- Humidity in the room needs to be 65% or less. You can use a dehumidifier or make way for natural airflow to control the humidity.
If you are not using a wet carpet cleaning method and still, there is mould due to wetness or moisture, you need to find what is causing it. For that:
3. Check the source of moisture
- Stop water leakage or flow if it is the cause.
- Check your upholstered furniture to check if it has any problem, which causes mould in the carpet. If yes, remove it from the carpet and take the required action.
If you are trying wet carpet cleaning hacks at your home, then it is possible to leave some moisture behind on the carpet. Therefore, after the cleaning process, use a wet vacuum to remove the wetness. Then after, follow these steps:
4. Carpet cleaning with baking soda
- Sprinkle baking soda on the carpet generously.
- Leave it there for 30 to 45 minutes to absorb the moisture.
- The last step is to vacuum the carpet.
Whether there are mould and mildew on your carpet or not, it is necessary to clean the carpet at a regular interval. You can vacuum clean in once a week at a minimum to keep it clean and hygienic. You can also use baking soda carpet cleaning method to remove moisture as well as deodorize it.
5. Regularly clean your carpet
Even after using all aforementioned tips, you see mould and mildew in your carpet, call experts of professional carpet cleaning Melbourne. Use steam carpet cleaning service from them. The steam cleaning of carpet will remove mould and all other impurities and contaminated elements from the carpet.
6. Steam carpet cleaning
Contact Lotus Cleaning for professional carpet cleaning with steam and dry cleaning services.
Read Related Blog: How is Dirty Carpet Affecting your Home