6 Ways You Are Ruining Your Sofa
The couch is the most important piece of furniture. Welcoming guests to enjoy being or just lying down after a long, tiring day, the sofa accompanies you everywhere. The sofa is also one of the most expensive pieces of furniture. So it is necessary to take proper care of it and avoid mistakes to extend the life of the couch.
In this article, we will cover the common habits that might be ruining your sofa.
1. Sitting in The Same Spot
- We all have our favourite corner or spot on the couch.
- Sometimes, we sit in the same spot for hours and hours.
- This habit can make your sofa look saggy even if you use the best professional sofa cleaning service.
- It can also increase wear and tear on that most used spot.
2. Not using a Professional Upholstery Cleaner
- We all love DIY cleaning hacks, but it is necessary to clean and restore the couch at regular intervals using a professional sofa cleaning service.
- The professional cleaning team will steam clean or dry clean the couch to clean it thoroughly. It will remove even invisible dirt, dust, grime, and bacteria from the upholstery.
- The professional upholstery cleaner is also important to make your couch look like a new one and extend its life.
3. Ignoring Vacuuming
- Even if you use the best professional sofa cleaning services, it is necessary to keep your couch clean in between the professional cleaning rounds.
- Not cleaning your couch can result in unknown stains and premature wear and tear.
- Simple vacuum cleaning can help in restricting the accumulation of dust, dirt, and other pollutants.
4. Exposing Couch Under Direct Sunlight
- Sunlight might be good for the body and tanning, but it is not good for your sofa.
- The UV rays of the sun will discolour the couch and may also affect the fibre. This can result in fading.
- It is recommended to keep your couch away from direct sun exposure.
- If you cannot avoid it, you must have curtains to reduce the effect of UV rays.
5. Sleeping on the Couch for Extended Hours
- The couch is very comfortable and some people love spending extra hours on it.
- Regardless of the fact, how much you love your couch, you must not spend extended hours on it and sleeping on the sofa is a big no as per the professional upholstery cleaner.
6. Using Wrong Couch Cleaning Solutions
- It is tempting to use any DIY cleaning hack or all-purpose, professional upholstery cleaner to clean the couch.
- But, it is necessary to remember, that each couch is made of a specific fabric and there can be a specific type of cleaning required for the couch.
- It is necessary to choose the right cleaning agents to ensure you clean the couch and don't affect its beauty.
Read Next Blog:
How Do I Get Grass Stains Out Of Carpet