An Effective Method to Shampoo a Carpet
Carpet shampooing is an effective way of cleaning the carpet or rug. In the market, there are multiple alternatives to office carpet shampoo available. You can choose one depending on your carpet type and how dirty it is. If you are not using professional carpet cleaning services in Melbourne, it is necessary to be cautious as you may leave your carpet damp or damaged during carpet shampooing.
You can get a liquid shampoo or dry cleaning shampoo to clean the carpet. You can also make carpet cleaning shampoo at home with the following guide.
How to Make Shampoo at Home for Carpet Shampooing?
- ½ tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp of liquid dish soap
- ½ tbsp of rubbing alcohol
- 6 cups of warm water
- 1 spoon
- A big bowl
Guide to Making Liquid Shampoo:
- Take a big bowl and add 6 cups of warm water to it.
- Now add white vinegar and mix it well in the warm water using a spoon.
- Add rubbing alcohol and mix it well.
- In the last step, add the liquid dish soap and start mixing it vigorously until you see foam.
- ½ cup of cornstarch
- ½ cup of baking soda
- ½ tbsp of borax
- ½ tbsp of dry herbs
- 1 bowl
Guide to Making Dry shampoo
- Add cornstarch and baking soda in a bowl and mix them well.
- Add dry herbs and borax powder and mix all of these ingredients well.
Guide for Carpet Shampooing
- Vacuum cleaner
- Clean, dry cloth
- Carpet cleaning shampoo (dry or liquid)
- If your carpet has any stains, before starting carpet shampooing, you must treat the stains. For that, scrape off the residues from the surface using a spoon or dull knife.
- The second step similar to professional carpet cleaning services in Melbourne is to clean the carpet with vacuum cleaning. It will lift up objects and loose dirt and dust.
Carpet Shampooing with Liquid Shampoo
- For liquid shampoo, you need to use a sponge to apply carpet shampoo on the carpet.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then you need to rinse the carpet with cold water.
- You can use another, clean sponge or towel to pat clean the carpet and remove the shampoo.
- Once the shampoo is completely removed, you need to pat dry the carpet to reduce drying time using another clean, dry cloth.
- Similar to professional carpet cleaning services in Melbourne, use ventilation, high-speed fans, etc. to reduce drying time. Don’t use the carpet until it is completely dry.
Carpet Shampooing with Dry Shampoo
- If you are using dry shampoo, all you need to do is dust the carpet shampoo on the carpet or affected area.
- Leave it for two hours to break stain and dust particles and absorb.
After two hours, remove dry shampoo using a vacuum cleaner in the last step of carpet shampooing.
Contact Lotus Cleaning Melbourne for same day carpet cleaning services in Melbourne. Inquire Now.