Carpet Cleaning Hacks to Remove Ink Stains
Ink spillage on the carpet is common, but it will put all your carpet cleaning efforts in vain if not attended immediately. The best way to get an ink stain out of carpet is to get the help of experts offering carpet cleaning in Melbourne. If you want to try DIY hacks that can effectively remove the ink stains, then we have some for you. These will surely remove the ink stains from your carpet.
Based on the types of inks, we are going to share DIY hacks for effective ink stain removal.
Permanent ink stains:
This is the most difficult one as permanent ink can leave stubborn stains. However, we have a DIY hack to get rid of the stains of permanent ink.
- Take 2 cups of warm water and add one spoon of ammonia into it. Mix it gently to produce a carpet cleaning solution. Pour it in a spray bottle.
- Keep the bottle of cleaning solution a little far from the carpet and spray the cleaning solution to get an ink stain out of carpet without hampering the pile.
- Blot it with a clean cloth.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 until the ink stain is removed.
- If the stains are removed, take a clean cloth and damp it into cold water. Dab and blot the area to remove the ammonia from the carpet. Let the carpet dry completely before use.
Liquid Ink Stains:This method of carpet cleaning in Melbourne is to deal with water-based ink, which is also called liquid ink.
- Take a cup of warm water and add a half spoon of liquid detergent to the water. Mix it gently.
- Take a scrub and damp it into the cleaning solution.
- Apply dab and blot method to treat the liquid ink stain. This method will get the ink stain out of carpet.
Any Type of Ink Stains:It is possible that you do not know what kind of ink was spilled on the carpet. In that case, you can use any of the below mentioned hacks of carpet cleaning in Melbourne.
Rubbing Alcohol for ink Stain Cleaning:
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the rubbing alcohol. Squeeze it to remove excess liquid from the cotton ball.
- Now, dab the ink stains to remove them from the carpet with the damped cotton ball.
- Leave it for three to five minutes to remove the ink even from the fibre of the carpet.
- Wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Blot the water and get the remaining ink stain out of carpet in the last step. Use a clean and dry cloth for the blotting.
White Vinegar for Ink Stain Removal:
- Mix a half cup of white vinegar and a half cup of water.
- Dab and blot the stained area using a clean cloth damped into the cleaning solution.
- Rinse off the affected area with warm water after this method of carpet cleaning in Melbourne.