Common Bugs on Your Upholstery Cause Itching and Other Disease
Upholstery cleaning in Melbourne or any other city is a part of a regular cleaning regime. Professional upholstery cleaning services to routing vacuuming, homeowners often try almost everything to keep their upholstered furniture clean and bug-free. Still, often homeowners experience itchy upholstery fabric, which not only gives itching but also gives other allergies like rashes.
Let us share the major types of pests that might be residing in your upholstered furniture and could be the cause of itchy upholstery fabric.
1. Dust Mites
- Dust mites are bugs, which eat dead skin cells and pet hair. Both pet hair and dead skin cells are available in enough quantity in your upholstered furniture because you and your pets rest there.
- These bugs are infinitesimal, so it is impossible to spot them with your eyes.
- Even if dust mites cannot be seen, but it can be felt as it gives some sort of allergies like:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sore throat
- Skin rashes
- Itchy eyes
- Sneezing, coughing or wheezing
- Regular professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne or your city can eliminate dust mites and you should also clean the upholstery regularly to keep dust mites away from your upholstery.
2. Bed Bugs
- The bed bugs are the worst, reddish-brown coloured insects. They survive on the blood, which can be yours or of your pets.
- Along with your bed, they can also reside in your couch and other upholstery. As they are just a quarter-inch in size, they can hide under the seams of your furniture. To get rid of these pests, you will need professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
- Here are the major signs, which indicate that your upholstery is hoisting bed bugs:
- Red blemishes on your skin, which you notice after waking up
- Unusual itching because of the itchy upholstery fabric caused by bed bugs
- Moulted skin on your upholstered furniture indicates that your bed bugs are grown to complete maturity and breeding in your bed
- Black spots on the upholstered furniture indicate the waste of bed bugs
- Regular cleaning of upholstery can keep bed bugs away from your mattress and other upholstered furniture
3. Fleas and Ticks
- Usually, these pests are hoist in furry animals and suck their blood, which causes itching in pets
- It can, however, transfer to your upholstered furniture as well. It lives on mammal blood, so it can be the cause of itchy upholstery fabric
- They are tiny and you might not see them. Even if you don’t see them, there are some signs indicating the presence of fleas and ticks in your upholstery like:
- Small bumps and itchiness on lower legs and ankles
- Skin rashes and hives
Concluding NotesVacuum cleaning on a regular basis can reduce the threat of these common itchy pests. However, just vacuuming cannot be a strong method to control the infestation of these pests. You will need to use upholstery cleaning in Melbourne regularly from a professional company to keep insects away.
Read Next Blog:
Why You Must Use Scotchgard for Your Fabric Upholstery