DIY Hacks for Upholstery Cleaning for Chocolate Stains
Watching a movie or reading a book while eating your favourite chocolate is definitely a fun activity. However, popping out chocolate on upholstery is horrible. Chocolate stains quickly become tougher and that makes the job of chocolate stain cleaning difficult.
Fret not. In this blog post, we will share effective DIY hacks to clean chocolate stains to get results like professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
Chocolate stain cleaning hacks:
- As soon as chocolates spill on the upholstered furniture, grab a paper towel and remove as much as possible from the surface without scrubbing it.
- Scrape off excess chocolate from the surface using your nails or a plastic spoon.
Method 1:This cleaning guide is effective for fur upholstery:
- In a bottle, blend soap in hot water in a way that it produces foam.
- Apply this foam on the affected area by creating a layer of foam.
- After some time, remove the foam with a damped cloth.
- Dust starch powder and let it work for some hours. This powder will soak up moisture and oil.
- Vacuum clean the powder than by using the right brush. You can repeat the process two more times to completely remove the chocolate stain. Even after that, the stain is not removed, then you will need to use professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
Method 2:This chocolate stain cleaning hack can be applied to linen or silk fabrics.
- Mix half tablespoon liquid soap into one cup of water. Take water stored at room temperature or cold water.
- Take a clean white cloth and damp it into the cleaning solution.
- Start working on the stain using this damped cloth. Begin with the outer edge and end at the centre of the stain. This chocolate stain will lighten with this process.
- The next step of chocolate stain cleaning is to wipe off this cleaning solution with a damped cloth in clean water.
- Now, directly apply the dry-cleaning solvent on the stain.
- Take a clean cloth and blot the stain until it disappears from the upholstery.
Method 3:This DIY hack can be used for upholstery of any fabric.
- Mix liquid soap in hot water and damp a clean cloth in this chocolate stain cleaning solution.
- Start cleaning the affected area with this damped cloth in a circular manner. Do not rub the stain else it will get pushed down.
- As the stain lightens, take dry paper napkins to absorb the moisture.
- Now dust cornmeal on the stained area and let it sit for some time. It will soak up dampness as well as remaining chocolate stain.
- Take a scraper and gently brush off the cornmeal from the upholstery.
Even after applying these cleaning hacks, still, chocolate stain is there, you need professional upholstery cleaning in Melbourne.
Read Next Blog: Is professional Carpet Cleaning Can Help Sell Your Home