House Hold Ingredients to Remove Coffee Stains from Upholstery
Spilling coffee is not unusual. It often happens unknowingly or accidentally. Cleaning coffee stains from upholstery is really painful for many people. However, do not worry any more. There are five things that you have in your house and you can use them to remove coffee stains with easy to apply upholstery cleaning guide. These can be very effective when you are taking instant actions for spot stain removal.
It is indeed a saviour to remove any stains on carpet or upholstery. It is also effective in removing coffee stains from the upholstered furniture if you want to remove spot stains. Here is an upholstery cleaning guide with vinegar:
1. White Vinegar
- Pour some drops of white vinegar on the stained area.
- Blot it away with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle salt on the area where coffee is spilled. Be openhanded while sprinkling salt as you will need to make a layer of it. As much salt you add as fast it soaks coffee from the upholstered furniture.
- Let it rest for two minutes.
- Take a paper towel and rub it off gently.
You can also use baby powder for upholstery cleaning. It is very effective in soaking oil or any other liquid from upholstered furniture or clothes.
3. Baby Powder
- Sprinkle baby powder on the area where coffee is spilled. Make a layer of it, so it soaks the coffee and does not let it spread.
- Let it sit for a minute or two.
- Remove the baby powder by gently brushing the surface.
Similar to white vinegar, baking soda is very effective in cleaning any stains. It is used in many DIY hacks of cleaning and it is also an effective upholstery cleaning solution while dealing with coffee stains.
4. Baking Soda
- Take a dry paper towel and soak the liquid from the surface as much as you can. Use another corner of the towel or grab one more paper towel to soak as much coffee as you can.
- Take another paper towel and damp it in the water. Blot the coffee stain from your upholstery using this damped towel.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the stained spot.
- Let it sit and work for two to five minutes.
- Grab a paper towel and clean the baking powder gently.
Read Next Blog: Upholstery Stain Cleaning Guide to Keep It Clean and Odour Free
It is a powerful tool for people who accidentally spill things on upholstered furniture, carpet, mattress, etc. It is the most effective upholstery cleaning solution. Simply follow the instructions mentioned in the stain pen and it will remove the stains.
5. Stain Pen
If all these methods fail to remove coffee stains, this is the time to call professional upholstery cleaning experts. It is necessary to take quick actions as it will convert into stubborn stains and it can produce odour from the upholstery.