How Do You Draw Out Ants from Upholstery
Invasion of ants is not uncommon in Australia, but the ants can spoil your mood as you need to put all efforts into getting them out. Moreover, if your upholstery is infested by the ants, it may make it even tougher to get rid of it.
In this blog post, we will share top tips and a DIY Upholstery Cleaning Hack to get rid of ants from the upholstered furniture.
- The best solution is prevention. If you can avoid the situation of dealing with an ant infestation in your upholstered furniture, then it would be a great thing.
- Generally, ants come on the hunt for food. Therefore, you must strictly follow the upholstery cleaning routine. Regular vacuum cleaning can help you keep the ants away from your upholstery.
- Spills and stains provide food to ants. Therefore, without any delay, work on removing the stain completely and also deodorize the upholstery. The smell of food can also attract ants.
- Last cause of invasion of ants could be a hunt for shelter they look for. Regular cleaning of the upholstery and on-time Professional Upholstery Cleaning in Melbourne can help you stop the invasion of ants completely.
Dealing With The Ants in Real-Time:Even after taking percussion, if the ant infestation could not be stopped, follow this DIY hack and tips to get rid of ants from your upholstered furniture:
- Inspect the trail of the ants and see where they are going. This will help you find the cause of it. For example, if it is because of any food stains, then you need upholstery cleaning method to quickly address the stain.
Once you know the trail and end point in the upholstered furniture of ants, start following this cleaning method:
- Remove all cushions and put them in the sunlight or at least outside.
- The first step is vacuuming upholstery to collect as many ants as possible in the vacuum cleaner. Use the right extension to clean crevice and small cracks of the upholstery. After upholstery cleaning, throw the dust bag outside your house, if possible far away.
- Once the vacuuming is completed, this is the time to remove the cause of the ant invasion. For that, create the cleaning solution by mixing a half cup of water and a half cup of white vinegar. Add ten to fifteen drops of tea tree oil. Mix these ingredients to create an effective upholstery cleaning solution.
- Generously spray this solution on the entire couch. The area of upholstery where the ants were entering, spray open-handedly. This will disinfect the upholstery along with cleaning it.
- The last step is to take white vinegar in another spray bottle and generously spray it at the following points of ants:
- Endpoint in the upholstery
- Entry point on the upholstery
- Place from where the ants were coming
Read Next Blog: DIY Hacks for Upholstery Cleaning for Chocolate Stains
If you face the frequent invasion of ants, then you better call one of the best companies offering upholstery cleaning in Melbourne to get rid of the ants completely.