How Do You Know When to Replace Carpet
Homeowners use carpets for different reasons. To have plush and soft feeling under the feet or to give a lavish appearance to your house; different homeowners may have different reasons to have a carpet. To extend the life of your carpets and to enjoy it for long, each homeowner should invest in professional carpet cleaning.
Even if you invest in a professional carpet cleaner, the carpet cannot be used forever. There comes a time, when you need to replace it with a new one. But, when is the time to replace your carpet?
Here are the top signs, which indicate that you need a new carpet.
1. More Than a Decade Old
- Usually, if you take good care of your carpet, then a majority of carpets last for 10 years.
- If you do not invest in using a professional carpet cleaner, then the carpets usually last for 5 years.
- If you are approaching this period or have already used the carpet more than that, then you should replace it earliest possible.
2. Professional Cleaning is Not Helping
- Usually, professional carpet cleaning Melbourne can deep clean the carpet to make it new alike.
- The results of the professional cleaning often last for long. If it does not really help you, then this is the time to find a new carpet.
- As the carpet gets older, it starts emitting odour. Usually, a professional carpet cleaner cleans the carpet and deodorize the same. This helps in removing odour.
- If you constantly experience the damp smell and if your carpet is more than 4 years old, then this can be the sign to replace the carpet.
4. Visual SignsThis is the easiest way to identify the need for a new carpet. Some of the common signs are as below:
- Matted carpet is one of the signs indicating that your carpet is old enough to get changed. Compare the high traffic carpet areas with other areas, which do not get many footfalls. You will be able to see the difference.
- When the carpet padding under the carpet gets worn out, the carpet gets flat. You cannot replace the padding, which is also a clear indicator that you need a new carpet.
5. Permanent stains
- Getting stubborn stains out of your carpet is often a tough job, but not an impossible one. If DIY hacks cannot effectively remove the stains, the professional carpet cleaner will surely remove them.
- If your stains become irremovable even by a professional company offering carpet cleaning Melbourne, then you are in need of replacing the carpet.
- If you are experiencing allergies without having any visible reason, then your old carpet can be the cause of it. Old carpets often give a perfect environment to breed allergens, mould, etc. due to debris. This can cause allergy
- You should get it cleaned by the professional carpet cleaner. Even after that, allergies do not stop and your carpet is older, then it can be the cause of allergy and needs replacement.