How to Clean Kitchen Tiles Effectively
The bathroom and kitchen are two places, which are heavily used and also have tiles. Keeping both these areas clean is necessary, not only to keep their appearance great but also to keep these areas hygienic.
In this blog, we will share effective hacks for kitchen tiles cleaning.
1. Cleaning Kitchen Floor
- The first step in cleaning the kitchen floor is vacuuming it thoroughly. Then, depending on the type of tiles, tile and grout cleaning method can be applied.
Ceramic floor cleaning:
- Mix mild cleanser in warm water to prepare a cleaning agent.
- Mop with the cleaning agent.
Vinyl floor cleaning:
- Mix white vinegar in warm water.
- Mop the floor using the cleaning solution made in the first step.
2. Tile and Grout Cleaning
- To clean your grout, you should first clean the tiles by applying any of the methods shared in the first step.
- Once you complete the tile cleaning, you can go for the grout cleaning step. For that, mix ¾ cups of baking soda and mix it in ¼ cups of water to make a thick paste for grout cleaning.
- Apply the prepared paste to the grout. Let it sit for a while to work on the grout.
- Now, mix a half cup of water into a half cup of vinegar into a spray bottle and mix it well.
- Spray this cleaning solution on the paste you have applied to the grout after kitchen tiles cleaning.
- As soon as you apply the spray on the paste, you will see bubbles appearing, which is part of the cleaning process.
- Once the bubbles stop appearing, generally, after a few minutes, take an old toothbrush with soft bristles. Using this brush, gently scrub off the paste.
- The last step of this tile and grout cleaning method is to wash off the paste from the tiles using clean water at room temperature.
- Let the tiles dry out completely before using the kitchen again.
3. Kitchen Wall Tiles Cleaning
- For ceramic tiles, you can use a scrubber, but for marble, printed or patterned tiles, you should use a soft sponge for kitchen tiles cleaning.
- Mix tile cleaner into warm water to prepare a cleaning agent.
- Scrub the kitchen wall tiles using the cleaning agent. Be gentle to make sure, you don’t scrub off the grout.
- Take a clean cloth and moisten it in lukewarm water. Wipe off the tiles.
- Repeat the third and fourth steps until you get satisfactory results. Usually, in 3 rounds or less, you will get cleaned kitchen walls.
- In the last step of the kitchen wall tile and grout cleaning, take a tea towel and wipe off water and moisture. It will also give a glossy finish.