How to Deal with Carpet Moths
The carpet moths and larvae can eat the carpet fibres and weaken them. Infestation of carpet moths can damage your carpets and rugs. This is the reason it is necessary to treat these small insects with effective carpet cleaning in Melbourne.
Signs of having carpet moths
- Carpet moths are tiny insects and often go unnoticed until the infestation is quite visible.
- Balding patches in the corners and on the edges of the carpet are signs of having carpet moths.
Why is it necessary to treat carpet moths as early as possible?
- Carpet moths are tiny and difficult to spot in general. This gives them an open ground to breed and grow in numbers.
- Similar to cloth moths, carpet moths eat fibre and survive on that. When the number increases, means in case of infestation, your carpet is likely to get permanently damaged.
- Moreover, the only way remained will be to replace the carpet; carpet cleaning in Melbourne may not help to restore the carpet.
- Taking carpet moths seriously and treating them at the early stage can help you save costs on expensive carpet replacement or restoration processes.
How to Get Rid of Carpet Moths?If you are dealing with a few carpet moths, then below mentioned DIY hacks can help you get rid of them. However, if your carpet has moth infestation, then you will need to take the help of a professional company offering pest control and carpet cleaning in Melbourne.
1. Regular vacuum cleaning
- This can make sure carpet moths and larvae are cleaned during the routine cleaning process.
- You must spend time on carpet cleaning in Melbourne with simple vacuum cleaning every alternate day or at least three times a week.
- Use a fine nozzle and high power of suction.
- Make sure you clean upholstery, crevices, and other areas, too, along with carpet and rugs to remove dust. Remember, dust attracts the carpet moths and cloth moths.
- Change the vacuum bag after carpet cleaning in Melbourne.
2. Shampoo your carpet
- It is another method to remove carpet moths if they are less in number.
- Use a carpet shampoo to clean the carpet biweekly or once a month.
- This carpet cleaning method will also clean the carpet thoroughly and remove these tiny insects.
3. Use a professional steam carpet cleaning regularly
- Steam carpet cleaning in Melbourne is the most effective method of carpet cleaning.
- It cleans the carpet with steam at a very high temperature.
- This eliminates all sorts of insects, bacteria, grime, dust, etc. from the carpet.
- Steam cleaning will remove carpet moths and their eggs, too.
- Investing in regular steam carpet cleaning can be a great way to stop the infestation of carpet moths.