How to Get Kool Aid Stain Out of the Carpet
Removing kool-aid carpet stain is not at all a simple feat. Moreover, if it is a red kool-aid stain and your carpet is of light colours, you are likely to face a hard time during the carpet stain removal process. But, the good news is there are some DIY hacks, which you can try yourself and get rid of the kool-aid carpet stain.
DIY Hack 1
- Mix a half tsp liquid dishwasher into 2 cups of warm water to create an effective carpet stain cleaning solution.
- Take a white, clean cloth and moisten it into the cleaning solution. Use this moist cloth to dampen the kool-aid carpet stain.
- Take another white cloth and place it on the stained area.
- Heat iron on a low setting. Press the heated iron lightly on the stained area. Be gentle and make sure your iron is heated at a low setting only else it can hamper your carpet.
- After a few seconds, lift the iron and check the towel. It must be uplifting the stains as an iron will melt, break, and uplift the particles of kool-aid.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the stain is transferred to the cloth. You must keep changing the side of the cloth or change the cloth to keep a clean side on the stain for effective carpet stain removal.
- If your carpet starts drying out, damp the white cloth in the cleaning solution and moisten the area again.
- Once the kool-aid stain stops transferring to the cloth, take another cloth and rub the area.
- In the last step, clean your carpet with a vacuum cleaner.
DIY Hack 2
- Mix a half cup of white vinegar into one cup of warm water to make an effective carpet stain removal solution.
- Apply this stain removal solution to the stained area. Don’t overwet your carpet as it can spread the stain. You can also use a clean, white cloth to apply the cleaning solution by damping it into the cleaning agent.
- Start rubbing kool-aid carpet stain gently in a circular motion from outer edges to inner edges.
- Take a clean, dry, white cloth to blot clean the stain. Blotting will help you transfer the stain from the carpet to the cloth.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 until the kool-aid carpet stain is removed completely from the carpet.
- Use cold water to rinse the affected area in the last step.
DIY Hack 3
- In this method of kool-aid carpet stain removal, cover the stained area with club soda by directly applying it to the stain.
- Start lifting the stain using a white, clean cloth and using the blot clean method. Continue blotting until the stain is completely cleaned.
- Rinse the carpet with cold water.
Keep in Mind
- You can also use ammonia for kool-aid carpet stain removal, but it can make your carpet fabric colour lighter. So better to avoid using it.
- You can also use diluted lemon or scrubbing bubble as an effective carpet stain remover to remove kool-aid carpet stains.
Read Next Blog:
How to Get Rid of Dye Stains from Upholstery