How to Get Rid of Stubborn Stains from Upholstery
Sofa and upholstered couches are used daily. Therefore, stains are common. These stains need to be addressed as soon as possible to make sure it does not hamper your interior. Often, stains are easy attention grabber and likely to put you in an awkward situation.
To help you deal with stains, we have come up with some easy to apply and effective hacks for Sofa Cleaning Melbourne. You can also use it to clean all other upholstered furniture to get rid of stubborn stains.
Cleaning Method 1
- Baking soda
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mix baking soda and water in equal proportion to make a thick paste of it.
- Apply this paste to the stained area and let it dry. You should leave it for at least 6 to 8 hours if you are dealing with stubborn stains of wine, coffee, or similar liquid.
- Vacuum clean the sofa as the last part of sofa cleaning Melbourne.
Cleaning Method 2
- Liquid dish soap
- Toothbrush with a soft bristle
- Paper towels
- Clean cloth
- Paper towels
- This is an effective upholstery cleaning method to remove stubborn oil stains when oil is already dried out.
- Take a soft bristle toothbrush and add two drops of liquid dish soap to it.
- Scrub the stained area in a circular motion using the brush. Scrubbing will break the oil particles to help you remove oil from the fibre of the upholstery.
- Take a clean cloth and damp it in clean water. Use it for sofa cleaning Melbourne.
- Rotate the damped cloth in a circular manner for one to three minutes.
- Take some paper towels to remove excess moisture from the sofa.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to get the best results. In two or three rounds of cleaning, you will be able to remove the stubborn stain.
Cleaning Method 3
- Rubbing alcohol
- Three muslin towels
- Take a muslin towel and moist it with rubbing alcohol.
- Dab the stained area as the first step of Sofa Cleaning Melbourne
- Take another dry muslin towel and dab the area to remove excess dampness
- Repeat step 1 to 3 until the stain is faded.
- The last step of upholstery cleaning is a clean rubbing alcohol with a damped cloth.
- Let it dry.
Cleaning Method 4
- White vinegar
- 1 spray bottle
- Paper towels
- A clean cloth
- Mix a half cup of white vinegar and a half cup of water into a spray bottle. Gently shake the bottle to create an upholstery cleaning solution.
- Apply this cleaning solution to the stained area using the spray bottle generously.
- Take a clean cloth and start dabbing the affected area with a little pressure. You need to absorb the stain and transfer it from the sofa to the cloth.
- Keep changing the side of the cloth while absorbing the stain.
- If the upholstered area gets dry, you can spray the upholstery cleaning solution again on the stain and repeat step 3 and 4 to remove the stain completely.
Read Next Blogs:
Why You Must Use Scotchgard for Your Fabric Upholstery