How to Get Slime Out of Carpet?
Carpet cleaning with anything spilled on it is a headache for any woman and when she needs to deal with slime, it is, even more, bothering for sure. Worry not. We are here with proven DIY hacks that you can use for the effective cleaning slime from the carpet.
DIY Hack 1: Act Immediately
This guide is effective only if you act as soon as you see slime falling on your carpet and go on the mission of slime off carpet immediately:
How To Clean Guide:
- Take a spoon and start collecting slime and put it in the bag. You can use a bin bag or any other bag which you can throw away after the process.
Please be gentle and in any case, do not push the slime down else it will be pushed down to the fibres of the carpet.
DIY Hack 2: Cleaning Slime From Carpet Later
If you could not take prompt action of carpet cleaning for any reason, then you can use this guide to the clean slime from the carpet. It will help you remove slime as well as stains of the slime from the carpet.
- Paper towels
- Spray bottle
- White vinegar
- Warm water
Create A Cleaning Solution:
To create the carpet cleaning solution, please follow the below mentioned steps:
- Take 2 cups of white vinegar and mix it with the 1 cup of warm water.
- Add the above mentioned mixture in a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle well to create a carpet cleaning solution.
How To Clean Guide:
- Try to remove the slime from the surface of the carpet using the instructions given in the DIY hack 1 in this article. This is the first step of cleaning slime from the carpet.
- Open Handedly spray the carpet cleaning solution on the affected area. Please read the manufacturer’s warning before using vinegar to make sure it can be used on your carpet without hampering it. If the manufacturer’s warning does not mention anything related to use of vinegar as a cleaning agent, then you must do a spot test by trying this cleaning solution on a smaller part at the corner to assure it is safe to use vinegar for your carpet cleaning.
- Let the cleaning solution sit for 10 to 15 minutes at minimum.
- As this cleaning solution gets soaked into the fibre, the slime stains will start getting liquefied.
- Take paper towels and start blotting the solution. It will slime off the carpet.
- If after the end of the process,s you see slime stains, again spray the carpet cleaning solution and repeat the process.