How to Remove Muddy Paw Prints from Couch
Everyone loves furry friends, but what makes you pull your hair are notorious things they do. From urinating to running all over your couch with muddy paws can make your life difficult. To help you remove muddy stains of pet paws, we are here with effective sofa cleaning hacks.
You can always use a sofa stain removal service from professionals to save yourself from all the hassle. But, if you act fast, simple couch cleaning methods can remove mud stains.
Pre-treat The Mud Stains
- If mud stains are fresh, take a cloth and blot the area to lift mud as much as possible. Let the residues dry. Once mud gets dry, take a dull knife to scrape off the mud.
- Vacuum clean the couch to lift the soil completely.
Sofa Cleaning Hack 1:
- Take a soft bristle brush and damp it into warm water. Use this brush to gently scrape off the mud.
- Take a clean cloth and damp it into the couch cleaning liquid made of water and liquid detergent. Blot clean the area with this damped cloth.
- Take another clean cloth and dip it into clean water. Blot clean the area to remove the sofa cleaning solution from the couch.
- Take some paper towels to blot dry the area by removing excess water and letting it dry completely.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 if the stain is not removed completely.
Sofa Cleaning Hack 2:
- Mix 2 cups of white vinegar with 2 cups of water. Mix it well to make a couch cleaning solution.
- Take a sponge and damp it into the cleaning solution prepared in step 2.
- Use the damped sponge to gently clean the muddy paw prints and stains. Let it sit for 10 minutes and again gently clean it with a damped sponge.
- Use a microfibre clean cloth and damp it into water. Blot clean the couch cleaning solution and mud residues.
- Dust a generous amount of baking soda on the affected area and let it work for an hour or two. It will dry out the couch, plus, remove the odour.
- After one or two hours, vacuum cleans the couch to lift up baking soda and residues of mud and odour.
Sofa Cleaning Hack 3:If the first two couch cleaning methods, don’t give expected results, you may try this method. You must do a spot test before using this cleaning hack. You can also use the sofa stain removal service if you are unsure about using ammonia on your upholstery.
- For this couch cleaning hack, mix half a cup of ammonia and half a cup of liquid detergent. Mix both of these cleaning solutions.
- Use a clean cloth and soak it into this cleaning solution. Dab and clean the muddy paw prints using this cloth.
- Use hot water and damp another clean cloth into it. Use this damped cloth to remove the sofa cleaning solution and mud residues.