Indoor Air Quality Facts That You Must Know
We all breathe in indoor air while working or staying inside the house or office, which is more than 80% of the time in a day. Because of the increasing use of HVAC system, usually, the same air circulates in the house or office. Thus, keeping aid duct clean with professional duct cleaning in Melbourne is necessary, which everyone knows. But, do you know there are several interesting facts related to the indoor air and its quality?
In this article, we will share the top indoor air quality facts and some tips to improve indoor air quality.
1. Indoor Air is Often More Polluted than Outdoor Air
- This might be very surprising for you, but the fact is, indoor air is often 1,000 times more polluted than outdoor air.
- The main reason behind the same is smoke, allergens, dander, etc. stays in the air that gets circulated via an HVAC system if residential air duct cleaning is not part of routine cleaning.
- Exhaled carbon dioxide also stays in the air if you do not use ventilation or exhaust fans occasionally to get some fresh air in the house or office.
2. Radon is Part of Indoor Air
- According to a study released by EPA, radon is part of many houses.
- A leading company offering duct cleaning in Melbourne shared that 4% of houses usually have a high level of radon than normal.
- A high level of radon can cause fatal diseases such as lung cancer.
3. Filthy Ducted System is Often a Major Reason Behind Filthy and Polluted Air
- Your ducted system is responsible for flowing air in all rooms of the house.
- Often residential owners ignore the need for professional residential air duct cleaning. They either use DIY duct cleaning in Melbourne or they just extend the interval between two duct cleaning rounds.
- This can keep all allergens, viruses, and other pollutants in the air. This degrades the air quality, which makes it dangerous to inhale for family and pets.
- The risk of respiratory issues like asthma, pneumonia, etc. increases.
- It also increases the risk of allergies like red eyes, sinus, itching, skin irritation, upset stomach, etc.
- A professional residential air duct cleaning service can help reduce health risks by eliminating 99.95% of pollutants and allergens from the indoor air.
4. Kitchen Holds the Worst Air Quality in the House
- Kitchen appliances often emit harmful pollutants that degrade the air quality. Major air pollutants flowing because of appliances are formaldehyde, nitrogen oxide, and carbon monoxide.
- Kitchen smoke and grease often get accumulated in your HVAC system and it circulates the same in the whole house. This makes air duct cleaning at frequent intervals necessary.
- You may also need to change air filters regularly.