Microfiber Sofa Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
Microfiber upholstery furniture can give a contemporary and sparkling look to the house. Therefore microfiber sofa is widely in use. Often, people ask companies offering upholstery cleaning Melbourne services that is it easy to clean and maintain microfiber. Well, it is easy to maintain, but if you have pets, family members, and friends hitting upholstery often, you need to spend efforts in sofa cleaning Melbourne quite often.
To help you maintain your microfiber sofa, we will share some tips. These tips can also be applied for upholstery cleaning Melbourne.
1. DustingIf you are not dusting, then it may create halos on your microfiber sofa. Follow these tips for effective dusting:
- Take off all non-attached stuff from the sofa such as cushions, sofa cover, etc. Clean them differently.
- Take a dishcloth and rub the surface of the sofa to collect and remove pet hair.
- Use soft bristle brush attachment and vacuum clean the couch.
2. Create a Cleaning Solution and Spot TestThis step is avoidable in regular sofa cleaning Melbourne. You just need dusting. However, if you are dealing with halos or stains, then you need to follow this and remaining steps.
Make a cleaning solution:
- Mix liquid detergent or white vinegar into lukewarm water.
- Shake it well until it makes foam when detergent is used.
- Apply the cleaning solution prepared by you on an area, which is not visible directly such as in the backside or under the armrest.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then clean it.
3. Microfiber Sofa Cleaning Melbourne
- Take a clean cloth and damp it in the cleaning solution we made in the earlier step.
- Clean the stain with this damped cloth in a circular manner. However, make sure it is not soaking the fabric.
- The next step is to remove the excess cleaning solution. For that take another clean cloth, damp it in clean water and repeat the process of cleaning in a circular manner, but do not soak the fabric.
- To quickly dry the couch, you can use a dry cloth to blot excess water or use fans as well.
4. DeodorizationThe last step of microfiber sofa cleaning Melbourne is to remove odour from it. Follow these steps:
- Dust the baking soda openhandedly on the microfiber of the sofa.
- Brush the part with the baking soda and let it work for three to four hours at minimum.
- The last step is to vacuum it.