Tips to Disinfect Carpet without Steam Cleaning
Disinfecting a carpet along with routine carpet cleaning Melbourne is necessary. Carpet steam cleaning can definitely be a great way to disinfect your carpet. The companies that offer carpet cleaning services provides carpet steam cleaning, too. However, if you do not want to invest in professional steam cleaning, we have tips and a DIY hack to disinfect your carpet without a steam cleaner.
The Alternative of Disinfecting a Carpet Without Steam Cleaning:
- White vinegar
- Liquid dish soap
- Baking soda
- Clean cloth
- Scrub or microfiber cloth
- Vacuum cleaner
Carpet Cleaning and Disinfecting Method Without Carpet Steam Cleaning:
- The first of disinfecting a carpet is carpet cleaning Melbourne to remove loose debris, dust, and other objects from the surface.
- For the first step, use the carpet cleaning attachment of a vacuum cleaner and clean the carpet with a vacuum cleaner.
- Even after vacuuming, your carpet may have some dirt and dust. To remove that, dust some baking soda on the carpet and let it sit for 30 minutes. Vacuum clean the baking soda. This will also remove odour from the carpet.
- To get results like carpet cleaning services in Melbourne, create a carpet cleaning solution by mixing liquid dish soap n cold water and make a foamy cleaning solution.
- Take a microfiber cloth and damp it into the carpet cleaning solution. Use this scrub to clean the carpet from sideways to the centre. Start scrubbing gently to remove the dust and dirt from the carpet fibre to get effective results from carpet cleaning Melbourne. This will also help in killing bacteria, viruses, and other allergens and remove them from the carpet to disinfect it.
- While scrubbing your carpet to get results like carpet steam cleaning, be cautious that you do not make your carpet too much wet. Also, do not scrub it too hard as it can damage the carpet.
- Once you are done with the scrubbing process, let the cleaning solution sit on the carpet to clean and disinfect the carpet for at least seven to ten minutes.
- Take a clean cloth or an old rag and make it wet by dipping it into clean, cold water. Use this cloth to wipe off the carpet in the next step. This step will remove the remaining of any kind of dirt and dust. Keep using water to clean the cloth or use another piece of cloth to damp it into the cold water and keep wiping off the carpet.
- The above-mentioned steps will clean your carpet thoroughly and disinfect it to give results like professional carpet steam cleaning.
- Let your carpet dry out completely.
- The last step of this method of carpet cleaning Melbourne is, vacuum cleaning the carpet to take off the residues of soap, debris, or any other particles.
If you do not want to get into the hassle of these many steps, you can call professionals that offer carpet cleaning services. They will clean and disinfect your carpet with or without carpet steam cleaning.