Upholstery Stain Cleaning Guide to Keep It Clean and Odour-Free
Regular upholstery cleaning is important to keep the furniture clean, odour-free, as well as hygienic and safe to use. Stains often leave a bad odour and hamper the appearance of your upholstered furniture. Thus, cleaning upholstery to remove stains is even more important. You can use professional services for effective results and hassle-free execution. Alternatively, you can use different upholstery cleaners in Melbourne to remove stains from upholstered furniture at home. In this blog post, you will learn about some effective upholstery cleaners and how to use them in effective upholstery cleaning.
1. White Vinegar and Dishwashing Liquid
- Mix one cup of white vinegar with one tablespoon dishwashing liquid and two cups of distilled water. If you do not have distilled water, you can use regular water.
- Spray this solution on the upholstery and let it sit for five to six minutes.
- Take a cotton rag and clean the surface in a circular manner.
- Damp a cloth in clean water and clean the solution from upholstery.
- The last step in this upholstery cleaning method is vacuuming the upholstered furniture.
2. Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide
- In a spray bottle, mix water and hydrogen peroxide and in another spray bottle, mix dishwashing liquid and water.
- Spray the solution made with water and dishwashing liquid evenly.
- Spray the upholstery cleaning solution made with hydrogen peroxide.
- Sprinkle baking soda openhandedly on the stain.
- Let it sit overnight to work on the stain.
- In the morning, clean the area.
3. Baking Soda and Corn Starch
- Mix baking soda and corn starch in equal quantity.
- Pour little water to make a thick paste.
- Apply this upholstery cleaning solution on the stained area.
- Let it sit for an hour and work on the stain.
- It will get dry after an hour, vacuum it with slow strokes.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide
- Soak the moisture from the stain by dabbing the place with a clean and dry paper towel.
- After the first step, spray 3% of hydrogen peroxide on the spot with stains.
- Let it sit for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, take a clean and dry paper towel and blot the solution and moisture.
These are four effective and easy upholstery cleaning methods. Please note that before applying any of this upholstery cleaner in Melbourne on upholstered furniture, you muse spot test it. Spot testing assures that the cleaner is suitable for the fabric. Even after applying these cleaning hacks, you see stains or experience odour from the upholstered furniture, you must take the help of one of the best upholstery cleaning companies in Melbourne. Keeping upholstered furniture clean, odour-free, ad hygienic is necessary.