What Do You Need to Know for Effective and Safe Carpet Cleaning
Carpets are usually expensive. Thus, it is necessary to not experiment on your carpet with random carpet cleaning hacks. There is something you need to know about your carpet, so you can select the right cleaning method:
- Whether your carpet is loop pile carpet or cuts pile carpet? And
- What is the fabric of your carpet?
Carpet Cleaning according to Carpet Type:
It is usually very sturdy and hard-wearing. Thus, it is often used in hotels, business houses, and high traffic areas in the house. It is made of wool fibres or similar fabric looped from a single strand. Depending on the tightness of the loop, loop pile carpet cleaning can be easier or more difficult.
Loop Pile Carpet Cleaning:
Loop Pile Carpet Cleaning Tips:
- Vacuum it more often if it has tighter loops
- Invest in professional steam cleaning every quarter or at least once in six months
This type of carpet is usually shaggy with a softer fuzzy layer on the top. It is often used in houses to have a beautiful interior. Sometimes, cut pile carpet cleaning is quite difficult because of the volume of shag it has on the top layer. Also, you have to be gentle while cleaning this type of carpet.
Cut Pile Carpet Cleaning:
Cut Pile Carpet Cleaning Tips:
- At least once a week vacuum the carpet to make sure there is no accumulated dirt in carpet padding.
- If you have kids and pets, then you need to do vacuuming twice or thrice a week.
- For this type of carpet dry cleaning by a professional company once in six months is recommended.
Carpet Cleaning according to Carpet Fabric Type:
If you know the fabric of your carpet, then it will help you choose the right carpet cleaning method and solutions. Here are some of the tips according to the type of fabric of your carpet to remove stains from it:
- If you notice a spill on the carpet made of wool fabric, immediately clean it with a mixture of white vinegar and warm water.
- If you notice stains on this type of carpet, add a drop or two of dish soap liquid into one cup of warm water and white vinegar and clean the stain with it.
- You can use a man-made cleaning solution available in departmental stores for carpet cleaning for this type of carpet.
- Alternatively, you can use a rag with warm water to clean the stains.
- Add a drop or two of dish soap in the warm water and take a rag for carpet cleaning.
Pro Tip: Always be gentle while cleaning your carpet to make sure you do not damage it. Do not scrub hard to remove stains. Call the professional carpet cleaning service provider like Lotus Cleaning.