What to Do to Protect The Sofa from Food Stains
Your couch is an important piece of furniture not only to let your guests and yourself have some relaxation time but also to add beauty to the interior of your living room. This is the reason sofa cleaning has to be part of your regular cleaning regime. Along with cleaning at home, a professional couch cleaning service at the recommended and regular interval is necessary to keep your sofa in a good shape.
In this article, we are going to talk about sofa stains and why you must protect your couch from getting stained. Also, we will share the top tips to protect the sofa from getting stains.
Top Reasons For Stains:Your couch can gain stains from any of the following:
- Dropped food on the couch
- Spillage of drink or any other liquid
- Pet urine
- Wear and tear
- Unclean couch
Why Is It Necessary to Protect the Sofa From Getting Stained?
Some of the major reasons to protect sofa from getting stained are listed below:
- You may not need a sofa stain removal service. You can remove stains with a DIY hack. It will save money for you.
- Even if you choose a professional sofa stain removal service for more effective results, then also it will be cheaper if you have safeguarded your couch from the stains.
- It will extend the life of your couch.
- It will keep your sofa looks clean and well maintained.
- It will keep the ambience hygienic and better.
How to Safeguard the Sofa from Getting Stained?As you are aware of the expenses related to professional sofa stain removal service and other disadvantages related to the stained couch, it is necessary to explore the ideas to protect the sofa from getting stained.
1. Stain-Resistant Spray
- You can get stain-resistant sprays for your couch from the market, which will help you protect the sofa from stains.
- Make sure you get an eco-friendly and chemical-free protector. It will make sure you do not hamper the fabric or leather of the couch.
- As per a leading couch cleaning company, for different fabric type, there are different stain-resistant sprays available in the market. You must get the one that is suitable to your couch fabric.
- Many sofa cleaning experts recommend using Scotchgard to protect the couch from getting stubborn stains.
- The Scotchgard makes sure that the spills do not reach the fabric root. It also does not let spills settle on the surface of the sofa fabric.
- Scotchgard can be a great protector not only to restrain stains but also to reduce your couch cleaning efforts by reducing dust accumulation.
3. Change your habitsChanging some habits can also reduce the risk of stains such as:
- Add cover on the couch along with the protector spray of Scotchgard.
- Grab your sofa cleaning gears as soon as you see spills on the couch so the spill does not transform into a stain.